- Instructions for Candidate
- Checklist for Pastors completing the Ministerial Leadership Information (MLI) form.
- Ministerial Inquiry Form: To begin the process of candidacy for ministry roles in MC USA, we ask all pastors to complete this form—whether you are new to ministry or a long-time pastor. We encourage you to contact your Area Conference Minister to let them know of your interest. If you have any questions about this form or the MLI process, first review the instructions and checklist documents listed above. For further questions, contact MLIInquiries@mennoniteusa.org.
- Covenant of Understanding
- Current Salary, Benefits, and Reimbursement Guidelines
- The Search Committee Interview Guide – The Candidate Version
- A Guide to the Ministerial Credential Process
- Annual Accountability Plan for Credentialed Ministers serving within the Mennonite Church
- Annual Accountability Plan Worksheet
- Congregational Discernment for Ordination
- Core Competencies: Narrative, Appendices, and Bibliography
- Core Competencies: Grid
- Guide for Orientation and Growth of Licensed Pastors
- The Interviewer Guide: Goals, Assessment, and Questions
- Mentoring Program for Beginning Pastors
- Questionnaire for Licensing Interview Preparation
- Questionnaire for Ordination Interview Preparation
- Ministerial Core Competency Assessment
Churchwide Statement on Sexual Abuse
Policies and Recommendations
- Mennonite Church USA Ministerial Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure
- Prevention and Response: Sexual Abuse and Non-Credentialed Individuals
- Safe Church
- Sample policy: Home Street Mennonite Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sermons and Worship
- Untold Stories (2 Samuel 13:1-21) – Meghan Larissa Good, Albany (Oregon) Mennonite Church
- We Can’t Turn Away from Tamar’s Story – Jennifer Davis Sensenig, Community Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Trauma-informed communion liturgy – Hilary Jerome Scarsella, with Rhoda Keener, Eleanor Krieder, David B.
Miller, and John Rempel
- Sojourners 100 Sermons on Sexual Violence
Books and pamphlets
- Body and Soul, Healthy Sexuality and the People of God. Faith & Life Resources, 2010.
- Cooper-White, Pamela, The Cry of Tamar, Violence against Women and the Church’s Response, 2nd edition, Fortress Press, 2012.
- Fortune, Marie M. Sexual Violence, The Sin Revisited. The Pilgrim Press, 2005.
- Gaede, Beth Ann, editor. When a Congregation is Betrayed: Responding to Clergy Misconduct. The Alban Institute, 2006.
- Harder, Jeanette. Let the Children Come: Preparing Faith Communities to End Child Abuse and Neglect. Herald Press, 2010.
- Heggen, Carolyn Holderread. Sexual Abuse in Christian Homes and Churches. Herald Press, 1993. Reprinted Wipf & Stock, 2006.
- McClintock, Karen A. Preventing sexual abuse in congregations: A resource for leaders. The Alban Institute, 2004.
- Melton, Joy Thornburg. Safe Sanctuaries for Ministers: Reducing the Risk of Abuse in the Church. Discipleship Resources, 2009.
- Melton, Joy Thornburg. Safe sanctuaries: Reducing the risk of abuse in the church for children and youth. Discipleship Resources, 2008.
- Understanding sexual abuse by a church leader or caregiver, 2nd edition, Mennonite Central Committee, 2011.
- Lighting the Dark, Timbrel magazine, Spring 2014, Mennonite Women USA
- Agenda for Change: Policies and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence in Mennonite Institutions by Lisa Schirch
- Stop Living in Fear of a False Report by Alan Stucky
- Sexual abuse in Mennonite contexts by Lisa Schirch
- When Abusers Have Done a lot of Good by Alan Stucky
- But I’ve seen him do so much good by by Sara Wenger Shenk
- A Letter to Pastors by Jim Amstutz
- Responding to Three Common Pushbacks on Child Safety by Anna Groff
- Reporting Abuse and Keeping the Victim at the Center from Dove’s Nest
- What to Do When Your Minister is Accused of Abuse from Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP)
- Violence Against Women in the Mennonite Brethren Church: Abuse Policies are Not Enough by Carol Penner
- 18 ways churches can fight sexual assault in 2018 by Ruth Everhart
- Into Account: https://intoaccount.org
- Mennonite Abuse Prevention (MAP): https://www.themaplist.org
- Clergy Sexual Misconduct Awareness and Prevention, Baylor University: http://www.baylor.edu/clergysexualmisconduct
- Safe Church, Faith Communities Keeping Children and Youth Safe: http://mennoniteusa.org/safechurch
- Our Stories Untold: http://www.ourstoriesuntold.com/
- Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP), Mennonite: http://www.snapnetwork.org/mennonite
- Abuse Response and Prevention, Mennonite Central Committee: http://abuse.mcc.org
- We Will Speak Out campaign from MCC U.S.: http://mcc.org/learn/more/we-will-speak-out