‘Shaping Families’ airing specials in December
MennoMedia announces schedule for radio program
By Melodie Davis
HARRISONBURG, Va.—Two Christmas specials and a two-year anniversary program for Shaping Families are highlights of December’s lineup for the 15-minute weekly radio program from MennoMedia.
The programs will air on 18 local radio stations and appear online at www.ShapingFamilies.com as follows (programs online each Friday before air date):
- Dec. 3: “Losing a Mother to Suicide.” Stephen Akinduro’s mother died by suicide when he was just nine. Stephen talks about his pain and how he has found grace.
- Dec. 10: “Extreme Forgiveness.” John Perkins, who has dedicated himself to working for racial and economic justice, tells his life story.
- Dec. 17: “Christmas Miracles.” Phil Wagler, a pastor from British Columbia, plus Carol Duerksen and Russ Eanes, staff members of MennoMedia, share their stories with a miracle twist.
- Dec. 24: “Christmas Memories.” Sam Heatwole, the frequent “Frog Hollow” storyteller on Shaping Families, plus MennoMedia staff members Steve Shenk, Amy Gingerich, and Wayne Gehman reflect on favorite Christmas memories.
- Dec. 31: “Two-Year Anniversary: Tell Me a Story!” The program pulls favorite excerpts from numerous Shaping Families programs of the past year.
Anyone can request a free CD of the two Christmas specials for use in small-group meditations, Advent reflections, or family worship at Christmas. Also featured at the website is a weekly blog by host Burton Buller, a weekly recipe, a study guide useable by Sunday school classes, and a weekly email subscription at www.ThirdWay.com/subscriptions.
Shaping Families is sponsored by businesses, churches, individuals, and radio stations, and is produced by MennoMedia, an agency of Mennonite Church USA and Mennonite Church Canada creating faith-based print, video, radio and web resources.
For more information, contact Steve Shenk, director of marketing and sales, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540 908-2592.