The Mennonite Church USA Archives provides photographs, film footage and other non-textual images for reproduction in publications, films, web sites and other public presentations. Use of images held in our collections requires written permission from the Mennonite Church USA Archives and the payment of an image use fee. Permission and fees are not required for personal use, classroom presentations, or K-16 student work, including theses and dissertations.
To request permission:
(1) Print, fill out and sign the Mennonite Church USA Archives Image Use Permission Request Form.
(2) Determine the appropriate use fee using the chart below. If you have any questions about use fees, please contact us at History@MennoniteUSA.org.
|Non-profit and News Organizations||Commercial Organizations|
|Print publication (book, journal, pamphlet, etc.)||$15||$50|
|Print publication – cover image surcharge||$10||$25|
|Display or exhibit||$15||$50|
|Film / documentary||$50||$100|
|Television: Local market||$50||$100|
|Television: National / International market||$75||$200|
|Web site (low resolution only)||$50||$100|
|Advertising or merchandise||Negotiation required; fees start at $75||Negotiation required; fees start at $200|
|Film footage||$30 per second||$30 per second|
(3) Mail the form and payment to:
Mennonite Church USA Archives
3145 Benham Ave, Suite 1
Elkhart, IN 46517
A Letter of Permission granting specific rights or explaining the denial of permission will be issued approximately two weeks after we receive the request.
(4) Include the following credit line, preferably adjacent to the image: Mennonite Church USA Archives, [collection name], [collection / image ID number]
(5) Donate a copy of any publication or films using the image to the Mennonite Church USA Archives.