Safe Church is dedicated to “empowering and equipping faith communities to keep children, youth and vulnerable adults safe in their homes, churches, and communities.” We offer trainings and resources on a variety of topics related to protection and abuse prevention.
Presentations can be uniquely tailored to your faith community to meet your needs for training and assistance as you proactively work to prevent abuse of any kind within your faith community. Some possible topics include:
- raising awareness about the importance of a safety policy
- a biblical foundation for abuse prevention
- developing a child, youth, and vulnerable adult protection policy
- implementation information for the Circle of Grace child protection curriculum
- issues around persons convicted of sex offences and guidelines for relating within your faith community
- caring for victims of abuse in your midst
- healthy relationships, power and consent
- other topics related to protecting children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Safe Church offers presentations for Sunday school classes, children’s sermons, and other church presentations. When requested, we can provide training to camp counselors and staff, school administrators and teachers, and others who work with children, youth and vulnerable adults. Depending on your location, these can be offered in person or by Zoom.