By MC USA staff
(Mennonite Church USA) — Mennonite Church USA (MC USA) recently launched a new website at mennoniteUSA.org. The revamped website aims to better meet the needs of Mennonites seeking current information and specific resources from MC USA and visitors looking for general information about Mennonites and Anabaptism.
“The new design will help us better communicate with our members, as well as giving visitors a better sense of who we are as Mennonite Church USA,” said Glen Guyton, executive director of MC USA.
The new website was designed in collaboration with Sushe Design, Hampton, Virginia, to be more visually appealing and user friendly on both desktop and mobile devices.
“A lot has changed in the world and the church since the previous website was designed in 2014,” said Wil LaVeist, MC USA’s chief communication officer. “This new website best represents today’s MC USA, including more seamlessly accommodating the different types of devices people use when accessing information online.”
New features include:
- Updated design and graphics.
- A more comprehensive “About” section, which features a new FAQ and history page to address commonly searched questions about Mennonites and MC USA.
- A more robust, time-saving search engine for the denomination’s deep resource files, a feature that will continue to improve as resources are further curated
- A landing page for MenoTicias, the new Spanish-language, digital newsletter of MC USA and Hispanic Ministries of Mennonite Education Agency. MenoTicias replaces the former Meno Acontecer
- A new interface for Mennonite Church USA Archives, with direct access from the home page.
- An expanded News & Media section and Menno Snapshots blog section with easier access to webinars, publications, statements and resolutions, visual identity guidelines and more.
- An improved breakdown of MC USA’s structure, featuring its various agencies, conferences and affinity groups.
The website, which was formerly managed by an external company, is now hosted internally, providing greater access and flexibility. MC USA’s Communications team is working in collaboration with Mennonite Mission Network’s Network Administration team to support the website.
“Our new website has enabled us to create a fresh look and introduce new features that better help the church and those curious about Mennonites,” said Alex Woodring, MC USA’s web and social media manager.
Mennonite Church USA is the largest Mennonite denomination in the United States with 16 conferences, approximately 530 congregations and 62,000 members. An Anabaptist Christian denomination, MC USA is part of Mennonite World Conference, a global faith family that includes churches in 86 countries. It has offices in Elkhart, Indiana and Newton, Kansas. mennoniteUSA.org