The delegate body gathers every two years at the Mennonite Church USA Biennial Convention to discuss and vote on resolutions pertaining to the denominational vision, mission, and documents. The delegate body is made up of Executive Board members and representatives from congregations, conferences and constituency groups.
It has been an interesting two years, to say the least. The year 2020 was filled with pain and uncertainty for many in our nation and across the globe. Usually at this time, I would be drafting a letter encouraging you to prepare for our biennial Delegate Assembly. While we will still host our Delegate Assembly July 10, 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. EDT, how we gather will be much different. Our 2021 gathering will be virtual as the global pandemic has changed if not hindered our ability to connect and discuss the issue of faith and life that impact the people of MC USA.
The 2021 Delegate Assembly will be a shortened virtual event with a limited agenda. Whether you travel to Cincinnati or connect from the comfort of your own home, we hope to see you participate in the delegate process.
The Delegate Assembly is your opportunity to not only speak to the establishment of general policies and the development of programs to carry out those policies, but it is also an opportunity for you to connect with and listen to the various members in our great and diverse denomination.
Check out the FAQ page and stay tuned for more details.
May God’s Spirit continue to lead and guide our denomination.
Glen Guyton, Executive Director, Mennonite Church USA
Delegate Assembly Materials: Cincinnati 2021 (Virtual)
- Delegate Assembly Agenda
- Proposed revisions to the Bylaws for Mennonite Church USA
- Leadership Discernment Committee Report to MC USA Delegate Assembly 2021
- MC USA Nominees for churchwide boards
- Ballot for Nominees 2021 Delegate Assembly
- Zoom instructions for delegates
- Votación denominados (Ballot for Nominees)
- Cronograma de la Asamblea de delegados (Delegate Assembly Agenda)
- Comité de Discernimiento del Liderazgo nforme a la Asamblea de delegados (LDC Report to Delegates)