Mennonite Church USA encourages people and congregations to “Learn, Pray, Join” together for immigration justice.
Coming soon! We will feature new blogs, resources and videos in August 2020.
1. Watch our recorded Immigration Justice webinar from August 13, 2018. Learn more through a webinar panelist discussion about the experiences of immigrant families, how local Mennonite churches and organizations have been responding and strategic ways that people can join efforts to bring change. Meet the panelists here.
2. Subscribe to the Menno Snapshots blog, which will feature stories from people across MC USA about immigration justice in August and September.
3. Read the MC USA Churchwide Statement on Immigration.
Use the Peace Sunday prayers and worship resources in your congregation created by Mennonite World Conference with the theme “A renewed peace church welcomes the stranger.”
1. Learn skills to help facilitate intercultural competency and/or undoing racism processes in congregations through the Intercultural Development Inventory or invite one of the 18 qualified administrators across MC USA to work with your congregation.
2. Advocate for just and humane immigration policies for immigrants and refugees by contacting your local, state and national elected officials.
3. Offer church facilities and volunteers for immigration documentation services, language classes, mental health support, cultural celebrations, after-school homework help and other ministries.
4. Engage in mutual aid to offer food, shelter, clothing, housing, transportation and other resources to immigrants regardless of their status.
5. Donate to MC USA to support congregations and projects working with immigration justice initiatives addressing family separation, detention centers, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and legal assistance.